Howrse'Design
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Howrse'Design

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tail/Mane Toturial By Jewl

+9
Peko_Shirohana
ofrockwood
Tilly3579
Gahoole
Jazzin' It Up
goanna
Warrior_Cats
Najato
Jewl
13 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Tail/Mane Toturial By Jewl Empty Tail/Mane Toturial By Jewl Mon May 19, 2008 9:35 pm

Jewl

Jewl

Tail/Mane tutorial

(images are comiiiing!!!)

Hey everyone !

So today, we’re gonna do a tail or a mane, doesn’t matter, it’s the same way anyway… Let’s say we do the hair Very Happy
Usually I do it on the end, when I’m almost done withmy drawing, but let’s forget the drawing, just do the tail/mane ^^ (I’m using Adobe Photoshop Elements, mine is in French Smile Oh and sorry if some things are not understandable Very Happy)
So, first of all, of course, have your base open:
Here’s mine, don’t touch! Lol

Tail/Mane Toturial By Jewl 1210358305_Hair1

Now, you can add a new layer (I prefer, you don’t HAVE to but I think it’s better  )
I called it “Hair”, but you can call it whatever you want! “Sock”,”Chocolate”, “I love Jewl”… Anything! Very Happy

Tail/Mane Toturial By Jewl 1210358409_Hair2

Now, let’s zoom a little Very Happy

Tail/Mane Toturial By Jewl 1210358673_Hair3

Good, thank you Smile
Now what do we do? Just color the hair with the color you want  I want mine to be black, so let’s choose some colors:

Tail/Mane Toturial By Jewl 1210358719_Hair4

Hehe… Ok, now color the hair, with the black of course Smile Don’t try to cross too much the lines… But it doesn’t really matter actually… Anyway…

Tail/Mane Toturial By Jewl 1210358807_Hair5

Oh, hehe, yes, not pretty yet Very Happy Don’t forget to select de “mane” with the wand while you’re at it, it’s gonna help for right now:)
So now that it’s selected, use a smaller brush (like size 2… yeah size 2 is good Smile ), pick the other colors, and just draw lines (yeah, lines Smile)(But please in the same way the hair is going… Like this ~)

Tail/Mane Toturial By Jewl 1210358864_Hair6

Ouhhh, pretty ain’t it? (Who said NO? Very Happy)
Notice that I started with lighter lines (white) to darker (black, again, yes I put black lines otherwise it’s to light I think Smile But you can do as you want he )
So now what do we do? We swiiiim! Herm no… I’ve watched Finding Nemo to many times Very Happy (Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming swimming swimming, what do we do we swim! )
So, now we use the nice little finger! Not too big, not too small (here I’m using size 8, but you do as you want) intensity around… herm… let’s say 65 Smile If after done that you think it’s too light or too dark, add lines and use the finger again (He… That’s what I had to do… It was too light)
So, here it is: finished!
Tail/Mane Toturial By Jewl 1210358917_Hair7

AH! Got you! I was kidding of course Smile
Now, you take the selection off, use the finger, size 1-2, intensity around… A lot (like… 80? Let’s try) An go the same way the hair is going Smile

Tail/Mane Toturial By Jewl 1210358947_Hair8

If you have obstacles

Tail/Mane Toturial By Jewl 1210359006_Hair9

Select around the part you want to draw and go near the part you don’t want to touch (I’m not sure if that makes sense, but anyway you can see the selection on my drawing Smile)

Aaaaand, finished

Tail/Mane Toturial By Jewl 1210359056_Hair10

Well, of course you can add light is you wish Smile And I’m sorry it has such a weird tail Very Happy And long! And… Voilà Smile

2Tail/Mane Toturial By Jewl Empty Re: Tail/Mane Toturial By Jewl Thu May 22, 2008 5:42 pm

Najato

Najato

Cool! Great Tutorial!
Worked it on GIMP too?

3Tail/Mane Toturial By Jewl Empty Re: Tail/Mane Toturial By Jewl Fri May 23, 2008 11:49 pm

Jewl

Jewl

ow, actually it was on Photoshop Smile

4Tail/Mane Toturial By Jewl Empty Re: Tail/Mane Toturial By Jewl Mon May 26, 2008 11:38 am

Warrior_Cats

Warrior_Cats

Thanx for posting this! i'm getting photoshop

http://ibledadesigns.webs.com/

5Tail/Mane Toturial By Jewl Empty Re: Tail/Mane Toturial By Jewl Thu May 29, 2008 11:30 pm

Jewl

Jewl

You're welcome Smile

6Tail/Mane Toturial By Jewl Empty Re: Tail/Mane Toturial By Jewl Sat May 31, 2008 10:51 am

goanna

goanna

Wow! This is such a fantastic tutorial! Thanks!

7Tail/Mane Toturial By Jewl Empty Re: Tail/Mane Toturial By Jewl Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:48 pm

Jazzin' It Up

Jazzin' It Up

Wow, this is beautiful! Great Tutorial as well!

8Tail/Mane Toturial By Jewl Empty Re: Tail/Mane Toturial By Jewl Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:19 am

Gahoole

Gahoole

I did this on Photofiltre and it's fine

9Tail/Mane Toturial By Jewl Empty Re: Tail/Mane Toturial By Jewl Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:59 am

goanna

goanna

Omg this is the best-ever! I'm always gonna use this technique! Thanks so much for sharing!!!
goanna

10Tail/Mane Toturial By Jewl Empty Re: Tail/Mane Toturial By Jewl Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:23 am

Tilly3579

Tilly3579

Hey thats great help though i cannot find the " finger" i have the Australian version. i amstill knew to this

11Tail/Mane Toturial By Jewl Empty Re: Tail/Mane Toturial By Jewl Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:16 am

goanna

goanna

The finger is the smudge tool!
goanna

12Tail/Mane Toturial By Jewl Empty Re: Tail/Mane Toturial By Jewl Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:33 am

Tilly3579

Tilly3579

Thanks

13Tail/Mane Toturial By Jewl Empty Re: Tail/Mane Toturial By Jewl Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:26 pm

Najato

Najato

Okaaay...i have done it with gimp! Yay! Thank u for the tuto!

14Tail/Mane Toturial By Jewl Empty Re: Tail/Mane Toturial By Jewl Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:44 pm

ofrockwood

ofrockwood

Thanks for the tutorial! It really helps^.^

-Cassie

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cvjofrockwood

15Tail/Mane Toturial By Jewl Empty Re: Tail/Mane Toturial By Jewl Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:19 am

Peko_Shirohana

Peko_Shirohana

Great tuto! I gave it a try, but my program was in chinese so I couldn't under stand half of the stuff and it turned out demented.

16Tail/Mane Toturial By Jewl Empty Re: Tail/Mane Toturial By Jewl Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:23 am

silver_Moonlight

silver_Moonlight

lol was that when you were in china? funny.

http://silvermoonlight99.proboards.com/index.cgi?

17Tail/Mane Toturial By Jewl Empty Re: Tail/Mane Toturial By Jewl Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:55 pm

Dagobazz

Dagobazz

Thanx jewl:D

http://www.howrse.com/joueur/fiche/

18Tail/Mane Toturial By Jewl Empty Re: Tail/Mane Toturial By Jewl Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:23 pm

This helped a lot thanks!

19Tail/Mane Toturial By Jewl Empty Re: Tail/Mane Toturial By Jewl Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:10 pm

3-Poppy-xx

3-Poppy-xx

Thanks for posting. I only just downloaded GIMP today, and already I can now do 3-D tails, manes and forelocks!
- Issie

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum