Howrse'Design
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Howrse'Design

You are not connected. Please login or register

5 reasons to buy an electric bicycle

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

15 reasons to buy an electric bicycle Empty 5 reasons to buy an electric bicycle Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:08 pm

ladykiller

ladykiller

1 - Fun
Let's face it cycling is fun when it's flat, and it's even better when its downhill, but hills can really be a chore and for most people they are also off putting. For some the thought of going out for a ride and dreading that climb that makes them get off their bike will be enough to put them of starting their ride in the first place. With an electric bike you don't have that fear, everything becomes so much more fun!
I defy anyone that hasn't tried an electric bike before not to get on it and start smiling instantly. That feeling when you start pedalling and suddenly you're propelled forward, it's simply brilliant. It's enough to make you feel like a child trying to ride a bike for the first time with your parent is pushing you from behind.
If you don't believe me then book yourself a test ride at your local bike shop, Smiles guaranteed!
2 -Commuting
75% of people in the UK have a daily commute of less than 30 minutes (ONS, Dec 2009) yet 71% of workers in the UK drove their own car to work! If you are one of the 45 million with a sub 30 minute drive, ask yourself "what's stopping me cycling to work?" then continue reading and see if I've covered any of your objections.
When you consider that if you asked most people "would you like to do more exercise?" they would probably answer yes, but I bet a lot of people will say they don't have time. 17% of the UK currently pays for a gym membership averaging £41 per month. Is anyone else thinking that if they commuted to work they could be saving this money?
Look, I'm not saying that UK has the best weather in the world, there are always going to be days when you would prefer to use the car instead of your eBike, but what's stopping you for 90% of the year?

3 -Fitness
Electric bikes don't do all the work, they just make the hard bits easier. So if you're looking for something to get you fit why not try an eBike?
With the newer models like the Storck Multitask you can vary the amount of assistance to suit your needs. There's nothing stopping you using your energy up during the start of the ride and using the assistance to get you home when your legs are feeling tired.
A lot of diehard cyclists will say that eBikes are cheating, are they right? Well a lot of Fixie bike owners will tell you that gears are cheating, so are they right? At the end of the day you buy the product that's right for you and to suit your needs.
4 - Leisure
It's amazing what you don't see when you drive from A to B in your car. There are so many great cycle routs in the UK to explore (and plenty of great coffee shops along the way). In Germany there are a huge number of eBikes sold in pairs to couples who want to spend time together enjoying the countryside and exploring new places. The benefit of an eBike is that you can do that comfortably, knowing that you can easily tackle any hills on the way. You won't have to worry about being able to keep up or worrying about the possible hills ahead of you.
5 -Join in
No one wants to look silly in front of their friends or family. And a lot of people have concerns over their fitness levels that will stop them joining bike rides with their friends or family. With an eBike you don't need to worry about that, you can ride with confidence knowing that when you need some support the system is there for you. You can say yes to going out with friends/family's and clubs to enjoy an active day/afternoon/evening of riding.

hypertension medication
innentüren

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum